Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I need to upgrade BIOS and iDRAC firmware on some of my Polycom servers. Is there any possibility to damage something? I mean that sometimes new BIOS change some settings and after upgrade Windows decect new hardware, but after restart everythign work as before . As I know, most of the Polycom servers (except CMA4000) use some Linux operating system, but I don't know how this system will behave after BIOS upgrade.

Is there something that I should to know before upgdade? Of course all servers are connected to UPS.

List of my servers, that I want to upgrade:

1. Dell PowerEdge R620

- current BIOS version: 2.0.19, latest available BIOS version: 2.2.2

- current iDRAC 7 version: 1.45.45 (Build 18), latest available firmware version: 1.57.57 (Build 04)

2. Dell PowerEdge R610

- current BIOS version: 6.1.0, latest available BIOS version: 6.4.0

- current iDRAC 6 version: 1.85, latest available firmware version: 1.97 (Build 04)

3. Dell PowerEdge 1950

- current BIOS version: 2.1.1, latest available BIOS version 2.7.0

Pablo

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Why do you need to upgrade the BIOS and firmware? Is something not working correctly? The Polycom software is tested with the BIOS and firmware loaded on the servers at the time of purchase. There have been cases where an upgraded BIOS broke functionality.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.