Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Is there any specifc documentation that shows or defines the difference between the VBP E & ST boxes (besides the E offering the gatekeeper functionality). I wouldn't mine have something lined out for customers.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I found one in the following link.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Management-Security-and-Rich/External-dial-in-with-VBP-ST-box/td-p/2...

VBP-E:

Only allow internal registrations (LAN), it is also your H.323 Gateway (When CMA understands that the calls has a external IP address as destination, the call will get forward to you your VBP-E LAN address then VBP will send the call via WAN address). It also allows external H.323 calls from the WAN side to pass-thru, and ONLY h.323 protocols, nothing else.

VBP-S:

Allows EXTERNAL endpoints or CMA-D log-in / register with their username/password thru the WAN side (When VBP-S receives the registration request, it forwards the registration to CMA, CMA will do the authentication allowing the device to get thru). 

VBP-S will NOT allow external IP calls from unregistered devices, that is VBP-E work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.