Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Best way to define E Vs. S/T

MikeH
Advisor

Best way to define E Vs. S/T

Is there any specifc documentation that shows or defines the difference between the VBP E & ST boxes (besides the E offering the gatekeeper functionality). I wouldn't mine have something lined out for customers.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MikeH
Advisor

Re: Best way to define E Vs. S/T

I found one in the following link.

http://community.polycom.com/t5/Management-Security-and-Rich/External-dial-in-with-VBP-ST-box/td-p/2...

VBP-E:

Only allow internal registrations (LAN), it is also your H.323 Gateway (When CMA understands that the calls has a external IP address as destination, the call will get forward to you your VBP-E LAN address then VBP will send the call via WAN address). It also allows external H.323 calls from the WAN side to pass-thru, and ONLY h.323 protocols, nothing else.

VBP-S:

Allows EXTERNAL endpoints or CMA-D log-in / register with their username/password thru the WAN side (When VBP-S receives the registration request, it forwards the registration to CMA, CMA will do the authentication allowing the device to get thru). 

VBP-S will NOT allow external IP calls from unregistered devices, that is VBP-E work.

Message 2 of 2