Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We're getting an alert on our CMA 4000 6.2.1.ER8 that 'The audit logs exceed the size threshold of 1,400 gigabytes. Please perform audit log maintenance."  I've looked for documentation on this audit log maintenance but can only find how to open/download the file. Where are these audit log maintenance procedures documented and/or how do we DELETE audit log files we have don't need?

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello!

just add to your account an Auditor Role or create a new user with an Auditor permissions.
After that you can backup and delete Audit Logs on Reports - Audit Log Files page.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank-you, that worked and now i have the backup and delete options.  Now just have to workout the verification tool process.  Our logs haven't been rolling and are over a year old.  Where do you change the rollover period to the 'default'/recommended 60 days?

HP Recommended

It seems you can't change the rollover period for audit logs.

HP Recommended

Got the Backup and Delete working, at least.  I was 'Open'ing the file i wanted to delete and saving it but the verification code generated for it was 'bad'.  Instead of 'Open'ing, I 'Download'ed the file (.zip) and selecting that downloaded file.  The verification code matched and the file was deleted from the CMA server.

HP Recommended

Hi,

How do I open the .jar file?

Regards,

Anant

HP Recommended

Hi

Where did you find .jar file?

The jar file format is common for distributing programs and libraries that are written in Java.

If you want extract it, you can use any standard unzip software.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Whenever I download the verification utility, a .jar file is downloaded. After unzipping it I don't find any executable file to use the verification utility. Kindly help me to remove the logs.

Regards,

Anant Yalagi

HP Recommended

Hello anantyalagi,

this is most likely caused by the browser you are using.

What Browser is it and what version and have you tried anything else yet?

Sometimes newer IE Versions or Chrome are incompatible and the CMA release notes usually list what Browser is supported.

It could also be a security setting.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

I have checked with IE 9 & 10 and also with Chrome ver 26. I also need to know where will I get the verification code?

Kindly help.

Regards,

Anant

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.