Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

I have HDX 6000 and 7000 systems, more or less 15 devices all with the same configuration.

I've been able to add almost every device to the CMA4000 (Endpoint -> Monitor View -> Add), but there are 3 devices that seems impossible to add, these 3 devices are HDX6000 models, but I don't think it's a model related issue since I also have 6000 models already registered to the CMA.

The find device process works, but after, when I press the ADD button, I receive this error:

"Failed to Save Information: Failed to Modify the Gatekeeper"

Mind that:

- None of the 15 devices has a gatekeeper configured!!!

- I've compared two 6000 model configurations step by step, menu by menu, flag by flag, and they are the same, obviously they have different names and IP parameters, but all the remaining setting are really the same.

What does this error mean? How can I solve it?

A help would be really appreciated.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Flonga,

The error means that CMA was not able to write the relevant aliases into the gatekeeper database. However, you should not need to manually configure your HDX codecs, if you register them to the gatekeeper, they will populate in the monitor view automatically. I would recommend trying that.

If that doesn't work, you should also check to make sure you aren't using any duplicate aliases or system names.

HP Recommended

Hi Aiki,

the fact is that I want to manually configure all my HDX, I don't want to use any gatekeeper since I don't have a MCU.

The use we make of the CMA is mainly for HDX firmware upgrade automation. For the moment, since I didn't find a better solution, I put the endpoint' IP addresses in the guest book too, so CMA Desktop users are able to add endpoints to their contacts.

Anyway, how can I force the CMA to write the aliases into the gatekeeper? Why is it failing? Is there some parameter that he doesn't like?

Thanks for an answer.

HP Recommended

I agree, this is not a friendly or informative error message. Some of the fields the CMA will import into the database cannot be blank which is what causing this error to occur. The first step is make sure you have a H323 Name and E.164 alias configured for the HDX. In te HDX, go to Admin > Network > IP Network. Then when you add the endpoint to the CMA, make sure all the fields get populaed correctly. The lst sep would be to upgrade to a version greater than v5.3. In this version of CMA, the developers added protection against this error from happening.

I hope this helps,

S.

HP Recommended

Dear all,

I really cannot find differences comparing configurations of a "registered" and a "not registrable" HDX; I also look for possible blank fields as suggested but I didn't find anything.

I'm going to open a ticket so someone can better investigate this issue.

For the moment thank you for your support..

Regards.

HP Recommended

Flonga, 

Have you got any solution for this problem yet? I have similar problem right now.. added many devices without problem but now I have one HDX I can't add manually.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.