Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CMA 4000 foreign config found

Occasional Visitor

CMA 4000 foreign config found

Hello,

My company has sold a customer a Polycom CMA 4000. It is unable to boot with a foreign config found message. I have gone into the raid bios and attempted to import the foreign config which has failed 2X. Asuming the the drive has not failed, are there any other options? If the drive has failed, I will need an OS (which I can provide) along with any other needed applications (i.e. Polycom software). Would anyone know where/how I can obtain such software that I could put on the drive? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: CMA 4000 foreign config found

Hello pwoodward,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The CMA4000 Product is an older product of ours and I am not even sure is still being sold.

The relevant software to rebuild such device cannot be downloaded from any public source and is only available via our Support Team and/or official Polycom resellers.

Have you got any serial number so we can lookup the history of this device?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 2 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hello Steffen,

Thank you for your response. The serial number for the device in question is 8BVBHN1. Any support would be greatly appreciated.

thank you, Paul

Message 3 of 5
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello Paul,

THis unit was sold via Scansource back in 30/09/2010.

Any support needs to be raised via Scansource. As this unit is nearly 5 years out of warranty you need to work with your reseller to get some kind of service on this unit so we can work with you on this.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier 

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 5
Occasional Visitor

Hello Steffen,

We have contacted Scansource. Due to this device being End of Life, no assistance or solution is availabe. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Paul

Message 5 of 5