Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello

I have problem with logging to my CMA 4000. I have two different accounts with admin rights, but when I try to log on to both of them, I get the message: "Login failed.  Please check your user id and password and try again." I have used Internet Explorer 9 and Firefox 7 on different computers. What can I do in this situation? I have direct access to the machine with CMA 4000. Software version: 5.5

Best regards, Pawel

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The most easy answer - you're using incorrect passwords. Can anyone change it?

HP Recommended

Pablo,

There are a couple of things you can do. The easiest, but most drastic, solution is to simply reimage the box. That would reset it to defaults.

If you are using an external DB, there is also a script you can run on your database to reset the local admin password to the default "admin."

Here is the script (it can be run in OSQL, or with SQL manager, just like any other SQL script):

USE Readimanager
UPDATE LocalUserEntity SET password = 'qwRGwD79BAw='
WHERE UID = 'Admin'

Just don't make any typos!

If you have an internal DB, then you will have to call Polycom Global Services at 1-888-248-4143 and get their assistance, but they can run the script for you from the CMA server and get your login reset.

HP Recommended

There are other problems that lead to password failed, like the signon from CMA to Active Directory (LDAP) expiring and not being renewed automatically.  It seems other servers in our environment can renew automatically but the CMA cannot.  Is that true - is there a work around other than manually changing the password every 60 days (in this case)?

HP Recommended

Layne,

It would depend on which account you were referring about. The computer account used for SSO to allow CMAD cleints to log in does get automatically changed. The LDAP user account which authenicates uses to the CMA web interface does not get automatically changed. The difference would be in the accounts as one is a computer account and the other is a user account.

The recommendation is set the user account to never expire since it is used as a service account.

If this is unacceptable, then I would suggest submitting a feature request to ge this behavior changed.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.