Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a CMA 4000 that is stil on version 5.5.  I have not upgraded it since it runs fine, and its the only server I have. 

Management is requesting I upgrade to the latest, and it looks like I will need to in order to eventually move to the new platform.

Can anyone that's done this tell me of any issues they had, or advice?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
First of all you have to prepare back of data base of CMA to add external DB server to aviod loss of data in case of some thing wrong.tell your purpose for upgrade would be help to give you best advice

BR
Yash Pal
HP Recommended

As I mentioned above, management has asked that I get it up to current to have all bug fixes and features in place, and in preparation next year to upgrade to dual manager.  

HP Recommended

First thing, order a 6.0 disk from polycom. There is an upgrade document on support.polycom.com that provides step by step for the upgrade process. In general you back up your system, get pre-upgrade software patch and load it, back up your system. (follow backup instructions in guide), upgrade the CMA from the 6.x DVD, configure the basic IP configuration on CMA, load the last back up. The process will take several hours(3-6). It important to complete the Per-upgrade back up properly or you will have to rebuild the CMA configuration.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.