Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Our CMA 5000 Externel Databases have to be migrated to a new server (Windows server 2005 ---> Windows server 2008 R2) by our DBA team. Can you tell me how to change CMA configuration to use this new server ?

Our intention is to go here in CMA : "Admin  >  Server Settings  >  Database" and enter the the new Database server name in "Database Server IP Address or DNS Name" then reboot the CMA 5000 server. Is this procedure correct ?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

As promise in my previous message. After change the CMA database server, all work well except CMA Desktops that are not able to register to the Gatekeeper. Can someone point me to the right direction to fixe this probleme.

NB : The CMA Desktop is autheticate through Active Directory.

Thanks a lot for your answer and for what you have already done to help.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

First make sure there are 3 databases:

1) Readimanager

2) XMPP

3) Logger

Then run the following stored procedure located in the Readimanager database: dbo.pr_fixorphanusers.sql. This will make sure the SQL user names have the correct passwords.

Then you would simply configure CMA to point to this new SQL IP address like you mentioned in your post.

S.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your answer; I will be back very soon to let you if it works.

Best regards

HP Recommended

Hi all,

As promise in my previous message. After change the CMA database server, all work well except CMA Desktops that are not able to register to the Gatekeeper. Can someone point me to the right direction to fixe this probleme.

NB : The CMA Desktop is autheticate through Active Directory.

Thanks a lot for your answer and for what you have already done to help.

Best Regards.

HP Recommended

I have one external database server which is used as CMA External database for testing.  due to some reasons we have changed it to other test database (6m back), now  I am willing to connect it to the old Database server.

info : between this duration we have upgraded CMA soft ver.

can I just change in CMA server setting pointing to new Database ?

or I need to follow some other process?

HP Recommended

Ngusimel -

Did yo try to reset the SSO Conputer password: go to your DC, start, run, cmd and enter: net user <account>$ <password>

Then update the password in CMA.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.