Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

CMA 5000 so far was working fine but since yesterday I am facing issue with CMA 5000. CMA 5000 is not rebooting properly. IP doesn’t pings, then we have to connect monitor & keyboard  to the CMA 5000 directly and have to press “F1” key. The same issue we had faced earlier with DMA 7000.

One more thing which I found that CMA 5000 on the front panel small screen doesn’t shows the IP which I had given to it. It shows some 192.168 kind of IP address. Is it like that or do I have to investigate this also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I hope this will help

Proper BIOS settings done. Issue resolved.

1)first bootable device as HDD
2)Disabled the note used for SATA ports.
3)Disabled the NIC1 GB PXE (ie change the NIC1 PXE to Enabled from Enabled with PXE)
4)Disabled the option “F1 / F2 error on POST”

All is working fine with My CMA 5000

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried to connect with CMA default ip which is 192.168.1.254??

HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Sounds like a CMOS Battery error.

Can you make a photo of the screen where you have to press "F1" ?

HP Recommended

Uwe,

Heres the snippet which u had asked me for. I faced the same issue long tiome back with my DMA 7000. That time too some one said from the community abt the CMOS battery issue but that was not the case.

I remeber what the Polycom engineer did was pressed the F2 key... Went to the BIOS setting and on the botton i remeber some thing was enabled (dont remeber what that was ...something was F1 F2 and he disabled it )

In CMA 5000 F2 the same setting is currently enabled in BIOS settings....

help me

HP Recommended

seems a hardware error as systems says not booting up completly,better to contact your polycom resaler

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Yep, that´s definitely not the "CMOS error" i´ve mentioned before.

I agree with YashPal... you should talk to your polycom reseller to get this fixed up.

HP Recommended

agreed and accepted. done as u said

HP Recommended

Hi there,

This is very common on many of the Dell Server Blades as the devices don't power up for some time and you find the CMOS battery might discharge.

If you enter setup and disable the halt on error, or F1 on error alerts as these are by default enabled, this will allow for seamless booting and will save you the hassle of searching for a keyboard and monitor to connect each time the device possibly reboots.

HP Recommended

I hope this will help

Proper BIOS settings done. Issue resolved.

1)first bootable device as HDD
2)Disabled the note used for SATA ports.
3)Disabled the NIC1 GB PXE (ie change the NIC1 PXE to Enabled from Enabled with PXE)
4)Disabled the option “F1 / F2 error on POST”

All is working fine with My CMA 5000

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.