Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

i'm struggling trying to understand how to configure CMA global Address book  with AD informations.

Here is the scenario:

CMA is fully integrated with Enterprise directory so users can authenticate on CMA server and CMAD using AD credentials.

Now we want to fetch CMA GAB using a specific OU created in AD, here is the dummy OU used for test:

Resulting search DN would be:

OU=videoconference_directory,DC=domain,DC=local

This is the specific user info:

As far as i can see GAB seems to include dinamycally managed devices, registered devices and Guestbook devices... i can't really understand where i can set an AD search for specific GAB function.

A work around would be: look up for an AD user (let's say "SALA_A") , associate a registered device to this user and then specify a dial string... but this seems a bit intricate..

I'm  looking for a way to fetch GAB with AD fields.. does anybody tried something like this before?

Thanks for your kind collaboration.

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

This would make a great feature request. As you wrote - As far as i can see GAB seems to include dinamycally managed devices, registered devices and Guestbook devices.

GAB and LDAP directories are 2 different things, sort of like oil and water. Unfortuantely LDAP users aka dynamically managed endpoints can't look at a GAB directory, they can only search your LDAP which you already configured.

S.

HP Recommended

Understood... hopefully R&D will implement something sooner or later.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.