Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I  got to do the CMA to authenticate in AD, but I didn't get to do the same thing with CMAD.

When I use CMAD, the message is the username or password is wrong and when I try use Single Sign-On, the message is unknown netbios domain in CMA.

I need some help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If I am understanding you correctly, then you haven't yet configured single sign on in the CMA LDAP page. Is that where you are getting the netbios error?

Have you configured the machine account used by the CMA to authenticate for SSO integration? The full instructions on how to do that are in the Operations guide, but the short version is:

Create a machine account, give it permissions to reset its own password and modify its permission level, set its password using the "net user" or "netdom" commands, then use that machine account for the SSO portion of the LDAP integration on the CMA.

Based on the error, it sounds like that machine may not have been set up correctly.

HP Recommended
I did what do you say, but my AD is hide in my firewall. I use redirect and the error persist.
HP Recommended

Well, if there is a firewall between your CMA and your AD then you will need to make sure you are passing ports 389, 3268 and 88 (for LDAP, Global Catalogue, and Kerberos).

Also, if you are using autodiscovery for your AD servers, then you need to make sure you have SRV records for LDAP and Kerberos in DNS, as the CMA uses both protocols.

HP Recommended

I have the same error and have not a firewall between AD and CMA.

I need some help...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.