Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

"Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file exists and is writeable".  Any thoughts on where this file should be & why I'm getting this error?

Win7/64 formally had CMA-D running just fine.

CMA-D V5.2.5.35726, also tried V5.1.0 downloaded from the CMA Svr.

CMA Svr. V6.0.2.ER7

Pete

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi petet...

sounds to me like a MS error.

This page here mentions this error during uninstallation of a program, but this should also be correct for installations.

Have you tried to close and reopen explorer.exe through taskmanager or have you tried a reboot ?

HP Recommended

Tried killing & restarting explorer.exe no joy.  I'll try the shut doewn restart when I don't have so many windows open & required to do Helpdesk stuff. 🐵

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.