Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Brand new to CMA.  We just brought CMA 4000 (6.0.0ER33) online with CMA Desktop (5.2.3) and have begun testing.  We have enterprise directory configured and working.  From CMA Desktop, we can search users and make calls ok.  When we add a user to our contact list, we do not receive a notification that the user has been added to the requestors list or we don't get any accept notification.  Also, we are unable to Chat.  When you right click on a user the Chat option is grayed out.  I have checked that Chat is enabled in the provisioning profile.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try to update to the latest version 6.2 (November)

The issue you are refering about was solved in a patch of last September.

After the update you should be fine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try to update to the latest version 6.2 (November)

The issue you are refering about was solved in a patch of last September.

After the update you should be fine.

HP Recommended

Our issue of Chat seems to be fixed now with CMA 6.2.0.ER23 however, we are unable to make/receive calls from CMA Desktop now.  Before the update calls to another CMA Desktop user worked ok.  Now, when you try to call another CMA Desktop user we get the following message, "The far end system is capable of accepting the call, but the call was rejected for an unknown reason. Contact your network administrator for assistance".  Calls from CMA Desktop to an internal HDX unit are ok but the HDX is unable to connect a call to a CMA Desktop client.  I am unsure what logs to look through to figure out where the issue might be.  Not sure if a setting was changed on CMA 4000 during the upgrade that might be causing this issue.  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello fasteddye,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I am not a massive fan of just suggesting to upgrade without providing a JIRA code that addressed the fix to a specific problem.

Usually our release notes contain exactly this and a hint which fix in a new release addressed a specific issue is usually quite helpful.

What you are describing sounds like a simple firewall issue and could be verified by just having a HDX and a CMAD client within the same network / vlan / subnet communicating with each other.

Both the HDX /CMA /CAMD release notes / admin guide contain a list of important ports for firewall restrictions and in addition this topic has been discussed plenty of times in the community.

I can only suggest to work with your internal network team to exclude a firewall simply blocking traffic or if all fails work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

The 3 devices we have been testing with are all on the same subnet.  Also, we were able to make calls both ways before the update.  Now we cannot make CMAD to CMAD calls or HDX to CMAD calls.  We can make CMAD to HDX calls.  I don't suspect firewall since we are on same subnet and it worked before.  Would there be any useful logs on the CMA 4000 to look at? 

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello fasteddye,

via Reports  >  Gatekeeper Message Log on the CMA you should be able to see the CMAD client sending a RRQ to the CMA.

Can you see the devices and their status in the Endpoint  >  Monitor View ?

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response.

There is nothing in the Gatekeeper Message Log.  I tried checking all the options for that report and it still is an empty report.

Yes, I can see the devices and their status in Monitor View.  They show up and registered.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Update.  We are now seeing logs in the Gatekeeper Message Log and we are able to make and receive calls with endpoints registered to this CMA 4000.  We also have an existing RediManager SE200 with about 50 HDX units registered to it.  From the new CMA 4000, a CMAD can call an HDX unit registered to SE200.  However, a call from an HDX on the SE200 does not go through to a CMAD on the new CMA4000. 

Here is a portion of a log from Gatekeeper Message on the CMA 4000.

Begin Setup Processing at Application Interface
        Setup Source is presumed to be a neighbor.  Rogue does not apply.
        **Error**: Cannot call the PN's IP Directly without an alias
        **Warning**: ResolveAddress Failed: Alias list is empty.
        **Error**: VCall:ResolveAddress: Resolve failed Alias list is empty.
        **Error**: postEv2ResolveAddress(): synchronous rc c0200205
        ReleaseComplete Sent
        Dial - Address: 
        Stack Conference Id:29aba0cecfcc011f189e7f4c95aa9b39
        CallID: Display information :d694a0cecfcc011f189e7f4c95aa9b39
        Direction is OrigSegment
        PN Segment id: 0X100003a

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.