Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a CMA - VBP-E and VBP-ST  setup with multiple internal endpoints.

I have CMA Desktop deployed and IPAD Realpresence.  In most instances all work fine.

However at home I have BT Infinity Broadband and am using the BT provided VDSL Modem and 2Wire router hardware.

At home my IPAd and PC equipment can login succesfully to the CMA via the VBP-ST, can browse and search the directory but when I try and make a call it fails

On the PC I get a message stating - The remote location cannot be located.

On the IPAD I get a message stating - Far End Unreachable

I have no 'defined' firewall rules blocking this and suspect it may be related to NAT.

Had anyone else experienced this and have a 'fix'????

Appreciate any comments

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Simon,

Here is a doc created by one of our own, Gary, which explains how to create a DMZ entry on your 2wire router to help with this issue. There is a know limitation with 2wire routers which is in one of the VBP guides. But, this doc may give you some help.

S.

HP Recommended

Is there any plan to address any problems similar to this?  It's not just the 2wire gateway that has problems.  Most AT&T gateways cause these exact issues on the outside when using IPAD or CMAD.

I'm hoping that there is something that will be released for the VBPs that will alleviate this situation that continually gets worse as AT&T grows their customer base.

HP Recommended

I too would like to know if this has or will be addressed.  In my area there are only two ISPs and the main one uses 2Wire Gateways.  Asking our users to modify their router settings is not a good solution and puts their own devices at risk.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.