Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

EDIT BY MOD = Moved from => here <=

I actually got a similar error message on the CMA when making audio calls from the HDX 8000.

The call flow is as follows:

HDX 8000 ---> CMA 4000 ---> Cisco Gatekeeper --> Cisco CallManager --> Cisco IOS H.323 gateway --> PSTN

Issue:

When the call from HDX goes out the PSTN, the called phone ring.

If the call was answered within 12 seconds, the call would be successful.

However, if the call was unanswered after 12 seconds, the call would disconnect.

I assumed it was some sort of timer on the Polycom side, so I reached out to our polycom vendor.

He advised that he was unaware of such timers so I continued to dig further and noticed that the gateway was sending the disconnect to the PSTN because CallManager was terminating the call.

I ended up opening a case with Cisco TAC (I'll spare you the drama), but after many hours of troubleshooting, we found that there was a timer called the Media Exchange Timer whcih was set to 12 seconds.

According to Cisco, "the timer specifies the maximum seconds that Cisco CallManager will wait for a media connection to be established. If the media connection is not established within the specified time, the user will receive reorder."

This value was changed to 40 seconds (enough time for the phone to ring and go to voicemail if applicable) and that fixed the issue!!!

Thought I should share the fix cos I landed on this page after searching for the message I got on the CMA gatekeeper logs (Not a Registered participant - release.: ); so hoping this helps someone.

Skybaba

http://skybaba.wordpress.com

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi there 🙂

Thx for sharing that information with the community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.