Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The CMA desktop client also works 100%, by using the users windows username and password to register on the CMA.

The problem is the Outlook Plug-Inn, we have installed it so that it uses the local users username and password but this does not work and an error is given that the server can’t be found and that we must check the CMA IP address.

I then unchecked the use local username and password and complete the connection configuration manually, as soon as a click on the dropdown box to select the domain it says "finding server" and then after a while it returns with an error it could not find the server please check that the CMA IP address is correct.

I have  done a couple of integrations and this is the first time that I am running into this problem.

Any Idea's

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It's working fine now... certificate issue,,:) but the thing make confuse that I installed before without certificate and it was working fine.. I don't know why it's required at this time!!

I'm facing another issue now: windows 8 x64 and office outlook 2013 not compatible with this tools.. any idea about that

my CMA is v6

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Burt,

I would create a unique local user name in CMA which did not exist in Active Directory for a quick test. The internal LDAP software is not domain aware so any non-unique name may appear as duplicates to the CMA.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

i got the same problem and not fix it yet!!!

i tried to connect the laptop directly to CMA with using local user but still not working too,

anyone have an idea?

thanks

HP Recommended
make sure whether user is created on CMA or not. Regards Yash Pal
HP Recommended

It's working fine now... certificate issue,,:) but the thing make confuse that I installed before without certificate and it was working fine.. I don't know why it's required at this time!!

I'm facing another issue now: windows 8 x64 and office outlook 2013 not compatible with this tools.. any idea about that

my CMA is v6

HP Recommended

Hello Eyad,

I do believe Windows 8 and Outlook 2013 is currently not supported.

I would suggest you contact your Polycom reseller in order to follow up with them on order to get an idea on the road map.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi;

My CMA Outlook Plug-Inn not showing Domains in drop down box and Outlook plugin can't connect to CMA Server. My CMA server is not a member of any Domain because we haven't AD in our company.

Is it required to have AD inorder to use Outlook  plugin for schudeling conference throw CMA server ? IF no, Is'it a known issue for Polycom.

Please explain exactly how the problem was solved (Step by Step) because i am facing the same case.

CMA 4000 server : SW ver 6.2.5

Thank's

HP Recommended

My system is configured as mentionned bellow :

Outlook plugin version 6.0.001.

Cma server version 6.2.5.ER10.

I'am waiting for your help

Thank's

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.