Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I've a setup with CMA on internal network and a VBP-E for connectivity to the Internet. LAN interface of VBP is directly on local LAN and WAN interface on Internet.

The goal: make B2B calls from HDX on local LAN to endpooints/GK of other companies and vice versa.

First of all I was not sure how to configure the VBP, embedded GK or LAN/subscriber side GK. This is not clear from the available documentation.

So I've choosen for LAN/subscriber side GK which is the CMA.

I managed to configure both CMA & VBP to make calls in both directions.

But for call between HDX & RMX on my local LAN I noticed these calls are going through the VBP...

Is this normal or is there a problem with my setup, ie sites on CMA?

rgds, Geert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

You should configure a topology on CMA.
Create one or more Sites, it depends on your network topology.
Define in Sites all your internal subnets.

All calls to undefined in Sites subnets ip are going to VBP. Because CMA thinks than it's Internet IP address.

Your local HDX&RMX must not belong to Internet/VPN Site.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

You should configure a topology on CMA.
Create one or more Sites, it depends on your network topology.
Define in Sites all your internal subnets.

All calls to undefined in Sites subnets ip are going to VBP. Because CMA thinks than it's Internet IP address.

Your local HDX&RMX must not belong to Internet/VPN Site.

HP Recommended

so what will be the role of GK in routed mode if CMA is concedering site subnets for internal call,will the call not go through if subnet is not added in routing table of CMA,is it so?i have done some test,the subnets added in CMA is mean the all subnets will able to place external VC devices.

BR

Yash Pal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.