Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have searched the internet a lot for finding a solution to this problem but still no luck. Let me state that I really think the problem is a configuration problem and not a bug or issue. We have the following scenario.

We are having problems communicating between two gk. We have the following setup:

- Polycom HDX6000 (Public IP, outside the network registered through the VBP-ST)

- VBP-ST (WAN/Provider-side gatekeeper mode)

- Polycom CMA4000 (routed mode)

-VBP-E (LAN/Subscriber-side gatekeeper mode)

- 1 CMA Site (subnet vbp-st and e), internet calls are allow through vbp-e

- Dial rules

Internal IP   -   0.0.0.0/0 - route out of zone - 10 - true

Alias - Local directory services - route - 11- true

DNS - DNS name - route -14 -true

Call scenario

- We dial a annex O string from the HDX6000  1000@example.com where example.com is a gk from a different vendor and company.

- The VBP-ST sends the resolved dial string to the cma (1000@IP)

- The CMA processes the dial sting 1000@example.com (see below) and send it to the vbp-e

(Processing ARQ    Processing Dialrule: Name 'Alias' Type 'LocalDS'
    **Warning**: Rogue Call to Unreg. EP 172.16.1.2
    Resolved 1000@example.com to a list of possibles contacts.
    ParseListResolvedAddress(): OUTPUT Infrastructure: String is 1000@example.com, IP is 172.16.1.2

- The VBP-E recievers the call from the cma and sends it to 1000@IP

-The other GK does not accepts call from 1000@IP only 1000@example.com

- The request is denied

Our question is, how can we make sure the dial string of the HDX6000 does not get resolved before sending it to the VBP-ST and how can we force the vbp-e to send the dialed string 1000@example.com and not 1000@ip outbound.

The strange thing is that when i connect a HDX6000 to a VBP embedded GK the outbound dial string is correct

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Not sure where the issue is, but I believe expected behavior should be to come in the VBP-ST box, to CMA and out VBP-E.  The VBP-E box should do the DNS lookup of the public IP.  

Just to be clear, you said if you register a HDX internally to the VBP E's internal GK, it's working fine?  What happens if you register  a HDX internally to the CMA GK. 

Also, can you double-check that VBP-ST is passing 1000@IP to CMA GK and not 1000@example.com?  It shouldn't be doing the resolution.   

The VBP E is responsible to query the Public DNS if the routing of the “SITE” your HDX belongs to configured as per the attachment.

In general, If the destination IP(or FQDN) can be identified on the SITE of CMA, CMA will route this call to SITE-to-SITE.

If CMA can’t match the destination IP within its “SITE”, it routes the call to VBP as caller site (The site your HDX belongs to) set to route this call to VBP like above.

Eventually, VBP receives the call signal, it will try to resolve FQDN of annex o address.

NOTE:  If the call routing is set to “Allowed via H323 Aware Firewall” and not "Allowed via H.323 Aware SBC or ALG", then the  call will be routed to DATA network which might be defined differently... 

Finally, depending on how everything else is set up, you may need to check (or uncheck) "Send unmodified dial string to SBC/ALG"

HT to Billy & Rod who posted similar information in another forum.

HP Recommended

Hello Luriep,

First of all thanks for the reply. I have checked your suggestions and setup a lap situation. The first and i think most important remqark you made was that the annex o 1000@example.com must arrived unresolved at the vbp-st and be forwarred to the CMA.

I have checked this with the following senario:

Terminal A (HDX7000, registerd on the cma GK through the VBP-ST) dialing  Terminal B on its DNS name (test.example.com- A-record to terminal B public IP). I made sure that Terminal A, B are not on the same DNS server.

I have attached the screenshots made from the VBP-ST and E and if you like i can send you the GK log.

Thanks for the help so far.

HP Recommended

You did not state if "Send unmodified dial string to SBC/ALG" was checked in all you sites in the CMA site topology. The CMA gk log would be helpful to see what it is sending to the VBP-E.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.