Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Community,

There's one little (I hope it's just a little one) problem with my CMA4000 and two HDX7000 devices (Device A is productive and Device B is our test system).

For testing purposes I've pushed the configuration file from device A to device B to see how updates are working (Afterwards I know it wasn't a  good idea...) . So long so good. Both systems were registered at our CMA System and get their GBA and so on. After the testing phase I've done a reset on device B to set it up normally. But now there's the problem, I can connect our test device to the CMA, but it won't get registered.

I thought there was a problem with device A and delete it also from the CMA to set them both up again and register them to the CMA. But now I can't add device A to the CMA (Error Message: "Unable to register the device to the gatekeeper, the alias is registered to another endpoint"

I think the CMA is getting a little bit confused about two identical endpoint configurations with two different serial numbers/Mac addresses. Is there any possibility to find out why the registration of device B doesn't work or why I'm unable to add device A to the CMA?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi JensR,

Try to remove the previous registered Endpoint on the CMA. Then register the Endpoint again.

Also what version of CMA are you currently running?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've also tried this way to remove both from the CMA and register them again. Our test device can be added to the CMA, but can't be registered to the directory (pic 1)

The CMA always finds the other device, but adding that one will produce this failure (pic2)

Our CMA Software Version is: 6.0.0.ER33

Best Regards,

HP Recommended
reset again both of the sysyems and configure again manually.i hope i would works.
HP Recommended

Firstly, upgrade the software to 6.0.3patch please.

http://support.polycom.com/PolycomService/support/us/support/eula/cma_4000_5000/CMAagreement_v6_0_3....

Once done, try to register the Unit again and advise?

Kind Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.