Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

CMAD contacts

Highlighted
Advisor

CMAD contacts

Colleagues! Please help me !

Where the records "My Contacts" are stored  ? On the server CMA4000 ? Where ? In the CMAD files I have not found them. 

I want that all users see the same contacts  in "My Contacts".

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: CMAD contacts

Alexey,

Contacts are stored localy. For example:

Win 7 and CMAD 5.2.5:

C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\Polycom CMA Desktop\<CMA User>\LocalDirectory.xml

Win XP and CMAD 5.1:

C:\Documents and Settings\User <Windows User>\Application Data\Polycom\Polycom CMA Desktop\<CMA User>\VVL_LocflDirectory.xml

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

WBR,
Mike
--------------------------------------------
“Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns- the ones we don't know we don't know.”
― Donald Rumsfeld
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Admin\Directory Setup\Include dynamically-managed devices in the Global Address Book

In this case the client will be shown in the GAB

In addition, if the CMA is integrated with AD, the client will be available base AD

And last: CMAD can import and export the local contacts

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Advisor

If I add in "My Contacts" user  that is associated with QDX and is present in the GAB , I see record in  VVL_LocflDirectory.xml.

Next, I add in "My Contacts" user thats dynamically-managed device and dont include in the GAB and I dont see this record in  VVL_LocflDirectory.xml. But If I use a different PC and login with the same user, I see in "My Contacts" those user  which I included in "My Contacts"  on the first PC. Very interesting. Although, If I login over time on different PC or my PC, I can see in "My Contacts" not all dynamically-managed device users which I included in "My Contacts". It's not stable :-).

How can I do better? I havent AD.

Include users in the GAB, make standart "My Contacts" and export  (how ?) this to others CMAD users ?

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Контакты могут видеться по разному из-за настройки в самом клиенте:

Меню\общие\ограничить результаты поиска....

Экспортировать и импортировать локальный каталог можно также только в самом клиенте:

Меню\профиль пользователя (начиная с какой-то версии, версия 5.2.5 это точно поддерживает)

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello hab,

for the benefit of the community please keep post's in English.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 6 of 9
Advisor

I have CMAD ver 5.1 because CMA4000 ver 5.5.0

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Frequent Advisor

Upload on the CMA another version of the client

admin\software updates\automatic software updates

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Advisor

CMAD 5.2 dont work with CMA4000 ver 5.5.0 (discussed in this forum) and some users based on old Intel Atom computers.

Message 9 of 9