Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

My CMAD is not more register to CMA 5000 (with Active Directory authentication) since I moved the CMA Databases (external) to the new Server. I have reinitialized the password of  "Domain\Computer Name" account in AD but nothing change. Can you please tell me what to do to get it work again ?

Thanks in advance for your help

NB: CMAD work with local account.

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi,

I hope I understood correctly the issue you're facing.

If yes, and your CMAD account is local, then you should try login as "local\username" as opposed to "domain\username" via your CMAD.
Also, the local account might have a different password as opposed to your AD password since they are not synchronized.

Let us know if this is the case.

HP Recommended

No this is not the case.

I would like to login my CMAD with my Active Directory credentials not with the local account.

Thanks for your reply and help.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have also encountered something similar after running intergrity checks on a SQL server with my external database residing on it and found I needed to return to the AD Server where the Computer Account was created and re-run the netuser command from the command prompt. Once this was completed, I re-inserted the information back into the LDAP page in CMA and logins worked again.

Holding thumbs.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi,

is your CMA is using external DB or not ?

Seems to me that the Machine account of the CMA in the AD is corrupted

did you checked it ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.