Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

Call traces with RMX400

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Call traces with RMX400

Hi everyone:

I want to take some SIP or h323 call traces in my RMX-4000. I think it is possible. Someone know how can I do it?

Inside path: ADMIN/Maintenance/Troubleshooting utilities   there is a box-option with "Traces" label. I tried with some filters like "SIP", "H323", "H225", "ip.addr==x.x.x.x", etc. but alway I get a message about syntax filter error. Does Anyone have valid filters?  Is it possible to take traces with DMA7000?

BR.

maxbo 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: Call traces with RMX400

Hello Maxbo,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as certain functionalities may influence the answer that we can provide.

On a RMX:

• Administration => Tools => Network Traffic Capture

On a DMA:

• Admin => Local Cluster => Logging Settings => 

If set to debug a netwaork capture will be taken.

For more details please ensure you check the relevant Admin Guides or work with your Polycom reseller for support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Hi Steffen:

Thanks for your comments.

My DMA has system version: 6.0.5_HF1_Build_5

My RMX has software version: 8.1.1.0

As I mentioned before we need to take SIP o H323 traces. I don´t know if these system versions have this possibility.

Another useful tool would be to take tcpdump with SSH login.

I didn´t find details about this in Admin Guides.

Maybe it would be necessary to work with our reseller support.

Regards,

MaxBo

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Hello MaxBo,

I had originally replied providing both methods for the separate units to gather traces.

For further support please work with your Polycom reseller.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

----------------
The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is a community setting and does not reflect my role. I am just a simple volunteer in the community like everybody else. My official "day" Job is 3rd Level support at Poly but I am unable to provide official support via the community.

----------------

Notice: This community forum is not an official Poly support resource, thus responses from Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your proper support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's
Message 4 of 4