Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone.

I have a VBP5300ST. It comes from a customer's network, so I don't have IP or pass.

First that all, I press 3 times the 'erase' button, after that, I didn't have ping from 192.168.1.1. I tried using console cable, and I saw "V2IU Login:"

I input root:@#$%^&*!(), but couldn't access.

I plugged in a VGA cable and saw at the screen the message "Uncompressing Linux.... Ok, booting the kernel"

I don't know what to do with it. I had read a lot of post on the Community ,but, supposedly I should access with "root:@#$%^&*!()" (2345678190) and run some commands, bur I cannot access by console. I will appreciate each answer.

Thanks in advance...

PD: Sorry if my English has some grammar or orthographic errors. English isn't my native language.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I think, the password is @#$%^&* (withiout (), as I remember). Also, what was time period of you pressing "erase" button? May be they were too long?

You can try dump ethernet port via WireShark, to ensure, that IP is default. Also, check, may be it's VLAN or so.

HP Recommended

I was trying to do the same.

The IP 192.168.1.1, doesnt work.

I think its very easy to resolve it. I only need to put the image.bin back on it. The only access I have on it is from Console Port.

But the RedBoot Boostrap needs a password when I type Ctrl+C.

DB: (FeatureScan) NpeDl did not provide the image ID for NPE port 0

DB: (FeatureScan) NpeDl did not provide the image ID for NPE port 1

[warning] ixEthAccQMgrQueuesConfig: no queues configured, bailing out

[warning] ixEthAccInit: queue config failed

Error initialising Ethernet access driver!

No network interfaces found

RedBoot(tm) bootstrap and debug environment [ROM]

Red Hat certified release, version 2.02 - built 16:39:10, Sep 27 2006

Platform: Intel IXDPG425 Network Gateway Reference (XScale) BE

Hardware ID is 0x22

Copyright (C) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Red Hat, Inc.

RAM: 0x00000000-0x04000000, [0x000263b8-0x01fc1000] available

FLASH: 0x50000000 - 0x51000000, 128 blocks of 0x00020000 bytes each.

== Executing boot script in 1.000 seconds - enter ^C to abort

^C

Password:

I´ve tried @#$%^&*!(), @#$%^&*!, default, Default, root, reset or Reset, but none of these are correct.

Does anyone have an idea?

HP Recommended

I am have the same issue, did you ever find the solution! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.