Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi there!

I just got an RSS 4000. With my previous streaming solution, I used to publish the URL of the streming video in advance in my Web page, so when the event started, everyone could just click on the URl an see the event. I even sent the URL by mail to potential viewers, because I had full control of the URL name.

Does anybody know if I could do the same with RSS 4000, I mean stablish the URL name before I start the streaming? Thank you very much in advance. Best regards .... Ana Maria

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Ana,

The RSS 4000 does not create the live-streaming URLs in advance, so by itself it cannot provide this particular functionality. However, Polycom is now rolling out a new streaming solution intended to complement the RSS. Currently, it is called the AMMS Express, although this name is changing soon. This solution uses a media management suite running on a windows server platform to replicate RSS content to a streaming media server.

The URL for those streaming media servers can be controlled, and vanity URLs can be generated and used quite easily.

Unfortunately however, the RSS does not provide a way within the basic web GUI to perform that function by itself. The URLs are generated as needed and appended with the date and time that the recording began.

HP Recommended

Hi Alki,

So what about the new update 7.0 for the RSS 4000 that was releases in October, where you can get a pre-defined streaming link.  Any idea how that will work out?

Thanks

Veronica

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.