Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

One of my DMA 7000's harddrive's are faulty, I have a identical harddri\ve that came from a CMA 5000, will it be possible to use this and if so what would be the steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@simons3 wrote:
Burt, Sure - you can the same hard drive as you mentioned. You can call Dell to walk you through the process. You can look at the Dell server documentation for this process as well. For a high level view, you will be doing the following: 1) shut down the dell server 2) remove the old drive 3) insert the new(er) drive 4)make sure a monitor and keyboard are connected 5) turn on the dma 6) You need to access the SCSI adapter bios (not the main server BIOS). You may be prompted to hit C or ctrl+A. The key combination varies depending on the SCSI card and current functional state. 7) once in the SCSI adapter, select to import the foreign drive 😎 select to rebuild the mirror (you may need to poke around) The DMA 7000 has 2 hard drives configured in a RAID 1 mirror. Once the process has started, you can wait for the array to rebuild or save and exit the scsi bios. It will continue to rebuild the hard drive. GL, S.

Thanks the above information pointed me in the direction I needed.

By using the above information a found the below Youtube video that provides a step by step guide on how to replace a faulty RAID 1 hardrive in a Dell.

I followed the below Youtube video and everything is working 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAycEzJmCas

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Burt, Sure - you can the same hard drive as you mentioned. You can call Dell to walk you through the process. You can look at the Dell server documentation for this process as well. For a high level view, you will be doing the following: 1) shut down the dell server 2) remove the old drive 3) insert the new(er) drive 4)make sure a monitor and keyboard are connected 5) turn on the dma 6) You need to access the SCSI adapter bios (not the main server BIOS). You may be prompted to hit C or ctrl+A. The key combination varies depending on the SCSI card and current functional state. 7) once in the SCSI adapter, select to import the foreign drive 😎 select to rebuild the mirror (you may need to poke around) The DMA 7000 has 2 hard drives configured in a RAID 1 mirror. Once the process has started, you can wait for the array to rebuild or save and exit the scsi bios. It will continue to rebuild the hard drive. GL, S.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

I will follow the instructions and let you know what the outcome is.

HP Recommended

@simons3 wrote:

Thanks the above information pointed me in the direction I needed.

By using the above information a found the below Youtube video that provides a step by step guide on how to replace a faulty RAID 1 hardrive in a Dell.

I followed the below Youtube video and everything is working 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAycEzJmCas

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.