Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

First post here. New to the Polycom world. Anyway, already found some useful stuff on here, but I am still having trouble with attributes in my DMA. Our active directory user content/information is pretty full. Our DMA is pulling/making conference rooms off the telephone numbers listed in AD, under the telephone attribute. This is making hundreds of un-needed rooms. I tried to change that in the DMA using "office", which is another attribute in AD, but the DMA says that is incorrect.

Is there a list of attributes that are acceptable to enter in the DMA? Or how can I change it, or create a new attribute known to AD?

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello D-M,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no real need to re-post in order to push a topic up in the list as people will reply if they have anything to contribute.

A common misconception within the community is users assuming that this is a replacement for our established support infrastructure.

If you do require support please work with your Polycom reseller directly or contact Polycom support.

This is outlined within the community and in addition within my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Nothing here? No body has any suggestions? Polycom?

HP Recommended

Hello D-M,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

There is no real need to re-post in order to push a topic up in the list as people will reply if they have anything to contribute.

A common misconception within the community is users assuming that this is a replacement for our established support infrastructure.

If you do require support please work with your Polycom reseller directly or contact Polycom support.

This is outlined within the community and in addition within my signature.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Mr. Moderator,

Thank you for the warm reception!

Please forgive me. I was simply following up with my post. As a new member, I was unaware of the policies and guidelines. I was looking for attention and I got it! I was so excited when I received my e-mail notification and eagerly logged in looking forward to a solution. Disappointed, I found no solution. I only read about misconceptions and SLA guidelines. You have successfully completed your duties as a moderator and snapped me back in line like I was in kindergarten! I won't make this mistake again!

FYI ~ There is a typo in your signature - “The purpose of these forums is to allow community members “TO” collaborate and help each other”. I will patiently wait for a response or solution from one of my forum members.

Initially I was going to report this as inappropriate content, but I figured you would read it. Ironically, I did find your post somewhat helpful. It would have been more helpful if you spent your company time and resources finding me a solution. Nevertheless, I will mark this as an “Accepted Solution” and you will certainly get Kudos! Maybe even a little spike in your paycheck 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello D-M,

I simply wanted to inform you of the correct escalation procedure if support is needed and wanted to avoid disappointment based on the above mentioned misconceptions of nobody responding.

In addition it is always useful to provide the currently used software version as this may be a simple limitation in older versions. Without this information it may be impossible to answer this.

For example the DMA 6.0 Operations guide list's this:

The name of the Active Directory attribute from which the Polycom DMA system should derive conference room IDs (virtual meeting room numbers). Generally, organizations use a phone number field for this. The attribute must be in the Active Directory schema and preferably should be replicated across the enterprise via the Global Catalog server mechanism.
But if the attribute isn’t in the Global Catalog, the system queries each domain controller for the data. Leave this field blank if you don’t want the system to create conference rooms for the enterprise users

In order to troubleshoot this the DMA logs would need to be consulted and in addition a wireshark trace may be needed which is all outside the scope of the community.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.