Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,
I have two DMA's in UC infreastricture. How to identify which acting as primary ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Shailesh,

Look on the dashboard under the Supercluster Status section.

S.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Shailesh,

Look on the dashboard under the Supercluster Status section.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks simon

HP Recommended

Its a two server cluster. One more thing i would like to ask you do we have to same configuration on DMA-2 which is done on DMA-1. Doest it automatically takes the configuration as its a two-server cluster.

HP Recommended

Yes - any configuration you make on one node will automatically replicate to the other node. The DMAs are using an active/active cluster model which is why when one goes down, the other takes over very quickly. Although this is an active/active setup, one DMA node will be the primary and will take most of the roles assigned to the cluster. This is different from the CMA active/passive model which takes up to 10 minutes to failover to the new node.

S.

HP Recommended

Dear Simon,

This is how it appears in DMA 7000 for me. Have connected both the DMA 7000 with cross cable. Do we have to define the DMA 1 IP address in the DMA 2 ?

Do we have to define anything at Admin-> local cluster -> network settings in both DMA 7000.

I m attaching screenshot for your refrence.

Looking forward for your response.

HP Recommended

Sha,

If you are working on setting up a 2 node local cluster, then you need to select 2 Nodes un System server configuration. This will enable another section to fill out the IP address information for the 2nd node.

1) First, turn off the second node

2) Configure the primary as a 2 node local cluster

3) Turn on the second node

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simon

for a two DMA cluster each server installed in a different location. I want to confirm the following:

1- each server should have a different Management server name

2- Each server need to be congiured for different territory

3- The two servers can be located on the same subnet

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.