Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to find a way to call reach a VEQ using the H.323 protocol.

As the DMA is able to translate SIP calls to H.323 and vice versa I think this should be possible.

I've tried to use preliminary scripting in a dial rule but it does not work. The translation by the rule is correctly executed but the call fails.

Example: VEQ with dial-in number: 789999

Call from H.323 endpoint to 789999 matched dial rule: 'Dial by conference ID'. In the Address Translation Step: CONNECT_VEQ: sip:789999@789999

Call is rejected : RAS admissionReject

When using the preliminary to change the dial string to 789999@sip-domain.com the call is also rejectedwith the same reason.

I've also have created a Direct Dial VEQ but this one is never used, even not if I dial an unexisting conference ID or just the DMA IP as specified in the DMA operations guide page 222:

You can designate one of the MCU-controlled VEQs as the Direct Dial VEQ, and the system will use it for calls dialed without a VEQ or VMR number. For instance, if a call’s dial string includes only the system’s domain name or IP address, the Polycom RealPresence DMA system uses the Direct Dial VEQ for it.

The final goal of my trials above is to allow H.323 endpoints without registration to call the RPAD public IP or domain name, which results in using the default destination id: 789999 going to the DMA and allowing to use all types of conference id's such as VMR, RPRM scheduled meetings, etc

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

G,

Unfortunately DMA VEQ is SIP only and not H323. The only way that I can think of to meet your requirement is to use the RMX gateway feature. On the RPAD (H323 default alias) or you specifiy the default alias of the gateway on the RMX, then the call goes to the RMX. When the call comes into the RMX gateway, the IVR plays and the DTMF gets forwarded to the DMA. Then DMA then routes the call appropriately - either back to the RMX VMR or another alias.

The issue with the above is that it will consume up to 3 ports per caller in this scenario. If your RMX has a low license count or no RMX at all, this may not be the best solution.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi S.

Thanks for the feedback.

You say 'this may not be the best solution'.

Any other type of solutions possible to avoid the use of extra ports on the RMX?

I already have the same problem for calls coming in via the ISDN line of the RMX where I also needed to use the RMX gwy feature to send the calls first to DMA and then return them to the RMX...

rgds, G.

HP Recommended

Hi,

yes - the recommendation is to use your PBX if you have one to front the IVR and then forward the DTMF over to the DMA. We have a large amount of customers using Avaya and Cisco CM using this approach, and it works. The PBX trunk can be either SIP or H323 to the DMA. Obviously some PBXs charge more for licensing for other features, like SIP, so it really depends what you have access and installed.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.