Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are evaluating the possibility to integrate our DMA and Lync. Our IT technician pointed out a possible problem. The DMA is under a different forest (domain) than the Microsoft Lync. He talked about some possible solutions but it seemed to be very difficult and I was wondering if there is an easy to do this.

Their first suggestions was to install a Microsoft Lync under the DMA domain. And then federate this new one to our existing MIcrosoft Lync.

The second suggestion was about to deploy a trusted certificate between both forests, using AD FS to do this but I couldn't understand this suggestion.

Have anyone tried something similar and succeeded?

Regards,

Fabio

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Fab,

Just curious, what makes you think this would not work? Active Directory integration on the DMA has very little to do with Lync. With the Lync integration, we are creating static routes to the DMA from Lync. Even the new RealConnect feature where the DMA creates an automatic cascade link between the RMX and the Lync AV/MCU would be spported in this envirnoment. The only requirement that I can think off is to make sure the CA certificate for both Lync and DMA is trusted between each other.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.