Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Polycom Community!

I am trying to integrate DMA 5.2 and CUCM v9.1.1.  Has anyone done this?

I have a few issues.  The numbering plan is very simple, 3000 range for phone, 5000 for EPs registered to DMA and 1000 range for VMRs on the RMX.  From a Cisco phone (even a video phone) I can call to a VMR on the RMX.  I can see and hear other participant too - excellent!  However, I cant call from the Polycom EPs to the Cisco phones on CUCM - they done even ring.  The Dial number analyser on CUCM says everything should be fine. 

Also, when I call from a Cisco phone registered on CUCM to a Polycom EP on DMA, the Polycom EP rings, starts to answer but then keeps ringing.  The connection status (circle on screen) is green.

Does anyone have any ideas? Or has anyone got this working?  I have tried a MTP for G7.11 too but with no luck.

Thanks!

Rob

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Rob

I've done some integrations DMA and CUCM (but not 9.1.1).

Some troubleshooting steps:
- uncheck the MTP required check box on CUCM
- uncheck the Register Externally check box on DMA Eternal SIP Peer page

Do you use SIP or H323 for the Polycom EPs registration on DMA?
Do you have CMA or Resource Manager?
Do you use dynamic management mode for the Polycom EPs?
What EPs and phones do you use?
Have you checked a Call Events on DMA?

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying and thanks for the tips. 

I had tried the SIP trunk with MTP on and off.  I know the guide says off, so I have mostly tried that.  I know the trunk from CUCM works as from the Cisco phone I can call into a VMR on the RMX (VMR no 1000).

Register Externally was unchecked

The Polycom EPs are H323.  I have tried dual registering them to DMA with SIP and H323

I have a Resource Manager.  The CUCM is in a site/zone that has been defined.  However, the CUCM and DMA are on different domain but on the same subnet

I don’t think I use dynamic management mode, I only use DMA to register and don’t really use the resource manager much

EPs – HDX 4000, Cisco EX60

Phone – Cisco 991 and Cisco Cius Media Station

Yeah I have looked at events on DMA.  Doesn’t really tell me much, well that I can see anyway.

Its strange that the Cisco Phones can call into a VMR on the RMX with no issue at all but not a P2P call.

Thanks for your help!

Robert

HP Recommended

1. on DMA  (Call Server > Domains), add the IP Address of the DMA Server as a domain

and try call from CUCM phones to Polycom Eps

2. try to remove spaces in HDX's system name and then test call from HDX to CUCM

HP Recommended

Create a transform on the dma to transform calls sent to the CM to change the dial string from number to number@ipofCM:5060

HP Recommended

i have also experienced the same,i wonder that i am not able to [produce a call from cisco phone to polycom EP.

How can we make it done??

is it also p[ossible to produce a call from CMA desktop to cisco phone??

Regards

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hi Conrad, i have the same problem between DMA and CUCM.

Can you do an example to make that kind of transformation in DMA?

Thanks.

Diego

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.