Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi All,
I want to ask if i already have configured SIP trunk from DMA to CUCM how can i configure that unknown URI dialed from DMA registered endpoint will be passed UNCHANGED to CUCM to handle it ? By default DMA for this type of call use predefined dial rule "resolve by external network h323-id, sip-uri" and ask DNS for IP of dialed domain to send it there. But i want use dial rule "resolve by external sip peer" with condition !! Do nothing with dialed URI !!
Do i need create some special additional dial rule for this case, or should i create/use special preliminary script ?

Thanks a lot for any advice
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Bazzuck for push me up 🙂

I finally did it through Request URI option where i chose Free Form Template and write followed customized template:

"#otdisplay" #pscheme#:#oruser#@#orhost# and finally DMA send to CUCM original URI form (as it was dialed by endpoint)

Thanks anyway for assist me to start my brain think more 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Tomique

What software versions (DMA and CUCM) do you use?

Have you read Polycom® Unified Communications Deployment Guide for Cisco Environments June 2013<  "Configuring SIP Integration Between a Polycom DMA System and CUCM" ?

Do i need create some special additional dial rule for this case, or should i create/use special preliminary script ?

Yes,  you should 

1) add External SIP Peer on DMA for CUCM

2) setting up a Dial Rule for calls to CUCM

3) add appropriate script to Preliminary of this rule

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Bazzuck,

Thanks for reply. I am using DMA 6.0.4_Build_1 and CUCM v.9.1.2

My SIP Trunk to CUCM works well (i can call to CUCM to locally registered endpoints and vice versa).

I just want to solve situation if polycom endpoint dial for example emea.trafficam@cisco.com (lets call it unknown URI )and DMA send it unchanged (DMA will not change user nor host part) to CUCM to handle it. Thats all.

I am currently looking at SIP peer Postliminary section where is Request URI option. Is there right way to tell DMA to leave original user and host and send it to CUCM. Am i thinking right ?

Thanks for answer

HP Recommended

just try put your rule (for CUCM)  before the default "resolve by external network h323-id, sip-uri" rule and use a script like that:

if(!DIAL_STRING.match(/^sip:[^@]*@example\.com/))
{
return NEXT_RULE;
}

HP Recommended

Thanks Bazzuck for push me up 🙂

I finally did it through Request URI option where i chose Free Form Template and write followed customized template:

"#otdisplay" #pscheme#:#oruser#@#orhost# and finally DMA send to CUCM original URI form (as it was dialed by endpoint)

Thanks anyway for assist me to start my brain think more 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.