Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am using DMA 7000 (Ver 6.4.0) RPRM (Ver 9.0) & RPAD (Ver 4.2).

Created 3 sites in RPRM. Site name "HO" consisting all the infra including H/W endpoints, Site "RPAD" containing RPAD external link & "Internet" site is there. All 3 sites are linked with each other.

I am able to make as well as receive call from external endpoint device both on H.323 & SIP when dialling by IP address.

However when i am trying o dial the same by domain name for example H.323: 1234@polycom.com call is not maturing.

In DMA call log it is showing unresolved. In DMA using Test Dial rules it is rejecting the call.

IN all 3 server DNS is configured. What could be the root cause.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Any clue on this.

HP Recommended

had the same issue earlier but i got it fixed.

try to ping any external host name from DMA. it should resolve hostname to IP address. if it idoes not resolve to IP address then the communication between your DMA and DNS is incorreclty configured.

another trick, in the dialrule, move up the dial external networks by h323 and SIP to number 4 and try.

HTH,

HP Recommended

Hi.

Did you resolve it?

Could you tell me how do it?

Thank you very much.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.