Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have just add a  VBP ST box in our video picture but we are not get dial in from external party(internet).we are susscessfullly to produce a dial out call.

please advice

Regards

Yashpal

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

VBP-E:

Only allow internal registrations (LAN), it is also your H.323 Gateway (When CMA understands that the calls has a external IP address as destination, the call will get forward to you your VBP-E LAN address then VBP will send the call via WAN address). It also allows external H.323 calls from the WAN side to pass-thru, and ONLY h.323 protocols, nothing else.

VBP-S:

Allows EXTERNAL endpoints or CMA-D log-in / register with their username/password thru the WAN side (When VBP-S receives the registration request, it forwards the registration to CMA, CMA will do the authentication allowing the device to get thru). 

VBP-S will NOT allow external IP calls from unregistered devices, that is VBP-E work.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

so how could we get register the far end site??could you let me know the steps to get the register far end party end point??

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Hello YashPal,

TWerle has already outlined the basic functionalities of a VBP-E in comparison with a VBP-ST.

What End Point is trying to dial into your Network?

Once you can answer this I strongly recommend to read and follow up the advise given within the System Configuration Guide which can be found => here <= depending on the VBP used and the Endpoint you are attempting to implement.

Your Polycom reseller should be able to support you on this installation or Polycom professional services offer implementations in addition.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

they are having Life size endpoint.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Yashpal,

did you follow up this:

I strongly recommend to read and follow up the advise given within the System Configuration Guide which can be found => here <= depending on the VBP used and the Endpoint you are attempting to implement.

Your Polycom reseller should be able to support you on this installation or Polycom professional services offer implementations in addition.

I cannot see that you answered above in your reply.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.