Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I would like to ask some help.

Our company is currently trying to have video connections with an external vendor.

Both of the companies are with complete Polycom environments (HDX, RMX, CMA, VBP).

What is working:

Direct dialing from our endpoints. Example: HDX 8000 dials out to 8900XXX@195.145.YY.YYY (or 195.145.YY.YYY##8900XXX), the call gets connected without any issues.

What is not working:

Dialing from our RMX. Example: RMX 4000 dials out to 195.145.YY.YYY (IP field) and 8900XXX as E.164/H.323 ID. The call does not go through to the remote endpoint. Error message within the VBP's activity logs:

Call-Status: Q.931 signaling received and forwarded
Termination Cause: Call ended by destination

Our devices (including the RMX) are routed through the CMA 5000 gatekeeper we have onsite.

Versions:

• RMX 4000 - 7.8.0.246
  • CMA 5000 - 5.5.0.ER19
  • VBP 5300-E - 11.2.3
  • HDX 8000 - 3.0.2

Please note - whenever I dial a direct IP address of an endpoint (which is not behind a VBP), the connections goes through smoothly.

I used a Polycom test system (HDX 8000 - IP: 140.242.250.205) for the connection.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Hi, i would like to ask you first what type of public ip you having its a real ip or netted ip second have you tried to dial the same far end ip without string. Regards Yashpal
HP Recommended

Hello,

It's a real IP address and I cannot dial the far end directly, since it is located within an internal network (hence them having/using a VBP of their own).

Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi, Try to connect them to resigter your RMX over VBP stright a way do it to make your VBP in embrded GK mode. Regards Yashpal
HP Recommended

Hi,

Instead of the CMA? Or is there a way to register it in addition?

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Hi, instead to resiter the RMX on CMA resister the same on VBP,put the VBP on emberded GK then resister it on VBP,VBP itself play a role of GK. Regards Yash Pal
HP Recommended

Hey Daniel,

I had a similar problem dialling out from an RMX.

I thought putting in the IP in the IP box and then the alias in the alias box would work, however it did not.

For some reason it seemed that the alias wasn't being used when looking at the VBP logs.

A workaround for my scenario was to do <ALIAS>@<IP> in the alias box and set it to email id. Just leave 0.0.0.0 in IP.

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

Hi Dgaran,

just set the elias in the email id and that should work for u ..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.