Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good afternon all,

The company I work for has a full Polycom infrastructure dedicated to the internal devices.

This infrastructure is composed of a DMA, a RPRM, a RMX, and a VBP-E.

I've been asked to extend our video services to some users on remote offices, equiped with some HDX4500 on public internet Ip's.

I asked Polycom to lend me a VBP-ST and have been trying to implement the "Centralized Gatekeeper Configuration" described on page 81 of the VBP-ST admin guide. What I'd want is for the VBP-ST to act as a signalling and media proxy for my remote devices.

So far, everything works nice and smooth if H.235 authentication is disabled on the DMA.

However, as soon as i turn H.235 authentication on, my remote devices do not register anymore to the DMA via the VBP-ST, and I can see that my devices are "rejected" in the DMA registration history.

Does the VBP-ST support H.235 authentication, or am I doing something wrong ?

Best regards

Patrick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi Patrick,

I had the same issue when I did that few days ago. Did you manage to solve the problem ?

I´m trying to find if VBP-SP supports H.323 authentication -which is actually H.235 annex D- but there is nothing about it. Have you ever try the same with Access Director?

Regards

Fabio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.