Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

How can I allow to only show the Guest Book in my CMA Global Address Book.

I have VMR's Aliases set on my Bridges and I only want to push them to all my registered endpoints.

Kind Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I would use the Multiple Address Book option to configure another address book with only the guest book entries in and assign this to all the devices...

S.

HP Recommended

Could you explain a little more Simons?

I have groups that each endpoint is assigned to and they show up fine on my endpoints, but when I setup address books, they don't appear on the endpoints. I am using the CMA for LDAP right now, but want to move to ActiveSirectory.

HP Recommended

The correct process is:

1) create the address books you want

2) populate the address books by adding devices, users, or groups

3) create groups (which you have done)

4) assign the groups to the address books

5) put users into the groups

It seems like steps 1 and 2 might be missing. Creating groups is only half the battle. You have to assign groups the permission to read the address book which needs to manually populated.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.