how I'm able to make call from outside network to Rmx meeting/conference room if i got a RPAD n CMA 4000 ?
I already tried to call using RPad public IP##20+room number.. but i failed...it says no answer...thanks in advance
I have RPAD..several endpoints..CMA 4000 as the gatekeeper (we only use H.323)..and RMX..
- outside netoworks can call inside successfully..(Rpad external IP##ext)...
- internal endpoints able join meeting room or conference room of RMX 2000 successfully
- outside network cant join the meeting room of RMX 2000..I tried (Rpad external IP##20+room id) also cant..FYI, RMX 2000 doesnt have any external IP...only Internal IP (private IP)..
can u solve my issue ? thanks in advance...
some questions to you:
1. what is "20"? Is it the MCU Prefix?
2.What software version do you use? (RPAD, CMA, RMX)
- RPAD = V3.0
- CMA = not sure
- RMX = 7.8
3. Is the RMX registered on the CMA?
4. Do you use any Access Control List Rules or the H323 guest policy on the RPAD?
5.What endpoint\software do you use in outside networks? Have you tried call to <MCU Prefix><Room ID>@RPAD IP
- HDX 7000. No i havent tried that method. I tought that one is for Cisco endpoints only right. because cisco cant recognize ##
6. Please look at a call messages log (RPAD: Diagnostics>Call History, CMA: Reports>Gatekeeper message log) and post for us the call log messages. or you can also collect tcpdump from RPAD and CMA and find there all h323 messages.
- I will post it to you once I go to the site again. But as far as I can remember, there is no RMX ip or anything related to RMX in there..
It's a little bit difficult to give any advice without call logs(or tcpdumps) from RPAD and CMA.
and bear in mind that CMA + RPAD is unsupported solution, the Polycom recommends use RPAD + DMA + Resource Manager (optional), but I guess your configuration should work fine.
yeah..because I only use H.323..is it related to RMX didnt use public Ip for its signaling host ?
ooh..external user can call to internal endpoint without problem by using Rpad public ip ## extension number of internal endpoint. my internal endpoint also registered to CMA 4000. what could gone wrong here ?