Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

hi, 

how I'm able to make call from outside network to Rmx meeting/conference room if i got a RPAD n CMA 4000 ?

I already tried to call using RPad public IP##20+room number.. but i failed...it says no answer...thanks in advance

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended
Please let us know about deploymed infrastruce.

BR
Yash Pal
HP Recommended

I have RPAD..several endpoints..CMA 4000 as the gatekeeper (we only use H.323)..and RMX..

- outside netoworks can call inside successfully..(Rpad external IP##ext)...

- internal endpoints able join meeting room or conference room of RMX 2000 successfully

issue:

- outside network cant join the meeting room of RMX 2000..I tried (Rpad external IP##20+room id) also cant..FYI, RMX 2000 doesnt have any external IP...only Internal IP (private IP)..

can u solve my issue ? thanks in advance...

HP Recommended

Hello shaiful

some questions to you:

1. what is "20"? Is it the MCU Prefix?
  2. What software version do you use? (RPAD, CMA, RMX)
  3. Is the RMX registered on the CMA?
  4. Do you use any Access Control List Rules or the H323 guest policy on the RPAD?
  5. What endpoint\software do you use in outside networks? Have you tried call to <MCU Prefix><Room ID>@RPAD IP?
  6. Please look at a call messages log (RPAD: Diagnostics>Call History, CMA: Reports>Gatekeeper message log) and post for us the call log messages. or you can also collect tcpdump from RPAD and CMA and find there all h323 messages.

Regards

HP Recommended

1. what is "20"? Is it the MCU Prefix?

- YES

2.What software version do you use? (RPAD, CMA, RMX)

- RPAD = V3.0

- CMA = not sure

- RMX = 7.8

3. Is the RMX registered on the CMA?

- YES

4. Do you use any Access Control List Rules or the H323 guest policy on the RPAD?

- NO

5.What endpoint\software do you use in outside networks? Have you tried call to <MCU Prefix><Room ID>@RPAD IP

- HDX 7000. No i havent tried that method. I tought that one is for Cisco endpoints only right. because cisco cant recognize ##

6. Please look at a call messages log (RPAD: Diagnostics>Call History, CMA: Reports>Gatekeeper message log) and post for us the call log messages. or you can also collect tcpdump from RPAD and CMA and find there all h323 messages.

- I will post it to you once I go to the site again. But as far as I can remember, there is no RMX ip or anything related to RMX in there..

HP Recommended

Hi,

Any feedback on my issue ? I cant get the things that you want right now...maybe later..

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi shaiful

It's a little bit difficult to give any advice without  call logs(or tcpdumps) from RPAD and CMA.

and bear in mind that CMA + RPAD is unsupported solution, the Polycom recommends use RPAD + DMA + Resource Manager (optional), but I guess your configuration should work fine.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

yeah..because I only use H.323..is it related to RMX didnt use public Ip for its signaling host ?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi 

If you have RPAD (or VBP) device, you shouldn't have public IP for the signaling host of RMX.

HP Recommended

ooh..external user can call to internal endpoint without problem by using Rpad public ip ## extension number of internal endpoint. my internal endpoint also registered to CMA 4000. what could gone wrong here ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.