Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am looking for a "Comprehensive List of IP Ports" between Polycom Infrastructure and EndPoints so that we can configure our firewalls most effectively.

The two questions I am needing to answer are:

1) From the Endpoint's view in order to receive service from or communicate with the infrastructure; AND

2) From the Infrastructure's view in order to service the Endpoint or communicate with distributed Infrastructure.

My guess is that Polycom Engineering already has such a comprehensive list, but that it is not publicly available. Is there such a list?

Attached is the list we have been able to glean from various documents, however these documents were not clear in regard to the respective traffic directions.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Derek,

That is a pretty comprehensive list, and a lot of those are ports that are optional to have open through a firewall. For example, the VBP must have port 1720 open for call setup, but most cusotmers do not open port 80 as they only want to manage it from within their network.

The only thing I would add is that classifying ports as inbound vs outbound depends on which side is initiating the call. Also, most firewalls are comparatively permissive with regards to outbound traffic as-is, so outbound ports are rarely a problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the approval of the list I have, however what I am seeking is a truly comprehensive list. Are you telling me that Polycom does not have such a list?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.