Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have recently deployed RPRM at one of our customer site and customer want us to enable polycom GAB service for their RPD clients.is this feature supported for RPD clients?

RPD version-3.0.0.0

Regards

GC

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

As per my knowledge it's not possible in RPD,RPRM can show directory presence status but can not show GAB contacts.

Polycom team can better tell you about this.

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Take a look at Quick Tips for Polycom® RealPresence® Desktop for Windows -> "Use the corporate directory" and "To add a contact from a corporate directory to your local address book".

It seems this is just your customer wants to get.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Dear Mike,

Again i am thanks to you to address this,i had gone through the doc which you shared with me,i tried the same which you were suggested in post as well as in doc but there is no progress and the issue is still same 

Regards

GC

HP Recommended

Guru,

RPM/D clients will not display the directory as an HDX would. In these soft clients, you have to search for a contact. There is a setting on the RPRM that will allow GAB entries to be searched by LDAP enabled soft clients. I have done this myself and verified it.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.