Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've had an issue with our Polycom VBP V2IU 5300LF and it will randomly reset it's root password back to "default"!

We've asked Polycom about this in the past and they had no answer. They've we as far as sending us a new machine and updated software to no avail. There's no rhyme or reason as to when I can tell that it is going to happen.

Is this a known issue? If so, it's a very bad issue.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello rrittenhouse,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Could you kindly provide the Polycom Service Ticket reference so I can follow this up internally?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Model: Polycom 5300LF-E25

Software Version: Version 11.2.20 -- Thu Nov 13 10:27:54 PST 2014

SKC Ticket Number: 48435

We did not have the official polycom ticket number. SKC is a major Polycom vendor that we use for purchasing and some troubleshooting (which means they can bring in Polycom when issues arise that don't pertain to them).

I hope this helps.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hello rrittenhouse,

Without a Polycom ticket reference I am unable to verify of this case was ever troubleshoot by one of our engineers.

Can you check this with your reseller ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Have you gone release note of running version or newer

Sounds bug in current version.

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

All,

This is not a known bug, not even something I have heard of through the years, on any version. I would ask that your SKC rep get a ticket open with Polycom TAC. First, ensure that the VBP-S has been properly configured to limit access to management functions. Second, check the User Commands page, what else is in there? Third, is syslog configured, and if so can you provide the output to TAC?

Cheers,

Rod

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.