Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I’ve found Polycom DMA dial rules can be complex and but crafted to provide a simpler support and user experience. Recently I needed to create a *97 prefix rule to route calls out to Zoom in a SIP/H323 mixed environment. This required two start with 2 rules b/ I guided to use an External SIP peer to route SIP out the RPAD, while using a H323 dial rule where “route to external address” is used. Therefore since I’m using two types of routing this will not allow me to combined SIP and H323 rules, but I’m looking to identify why SIP isn’t routing properly with a rule “route to external address”.

Below is the preliminary script for the SIP rule “resolve external SIP peer”.

//this sets a variable for domain used in the replace 
var domain = “zoomcrc.com”
//var domain = “162.255.36.156”

//match rule if *97 is dialed

if (DIAL_STRING.match(/^sip:(\*97)([0–9]*)@(.*)/))
{

// this takes *97meetingid and removes the *97 and changes the domain to Zoom’s domain. ex: sip:*9712345@dmadomain.com -> sip:12345@zoomcrc.com

DIAL_STRING = DIAL_STRING.replace(/^sip:((\*97)([0–9]*))@(.*)/i,”sip:$3@”+domain);
 return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}

// this will route a call when *97 is dialed 
else if (DIAL_STRING.match(/^sip:(\*97)@(.*)/))
{
// this replaces sip:*97@dmadomain.com with join to land the call on the Zoom auto-attendant were the user will be prompted for the meeting id. sip:*97 -> sip:join@zoomcrc.com
 DIAL_STRING = DIAL_STRING.replace(/^sip:(\*97)@(.*)/i,”sip:join@”+domain);
 return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}
return NEXT_RULE;

H323

var domain = “zoomcrc.com”

// checks to see if 
// remove *97 and add @zoomcrc.com to the dialed meeting ID
if(DIAL_STRING.match(/^\*97([0–9])/)){
 DIAL_STRING=DIAL_STRING.replace(/^\*97([0–9]*)/, “$1@” + domain);
 return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}

// 
else if(DIAL_STRING.match(/^\*97([0–9]*)/)){
 DIAL_STRING=DIAL_STRING.replace(/^\*97([0–9]*)/, “join@”+domain);
 return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}
return NEXT_RULE;

My medium post can be found here on this topic. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

updates to only allow specific sites to use this rule 

// var domain = "vip2.zoomcrc.com"
var domain = "vip2.zoomcrc.com"
//var domain = "162.255.36.156"
//var domain = "204.141.29.248"

if(CALLER_SITE_NAME.match(/ZTEST/) || CALLER_SITE_NAME.match(/AVLAB1/) || CALLER_SITE_NAME.match(/AVLAB2/))
{
if(DIAL_STRING.match(/^\*97([0-9])/))
{
DIAL_STRING=DIAL_STRING.replace(/^\*97([0-9]*)/, "$1@" + domain);
return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}
else if(DIAL_STRING.match(/^\*97([0-9]*)/))
{
DIAL_STRING=DIAL_STRING.replace(/^\*97([0-9]*)/, "join@"+domain);
return NEXT_PROCESSOR;
}
else
{
return NEXT_RULE;
}
}
else
{
return NEXT_RULE;
}

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.