Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,
I would like to ask you. Do you have some experience with integration MS LYNC and RPAD.
I have private network :
-RMX 2000
- DMA 7000
- RPAD
- Capture server
- Resource manager
- and some endpoints .
All these devices are in the private network. A lot of calls are private and when I am calling outside from private network , I use RPAD.
MS LYNC is in the different network and in the different domain like devices of private network.
It is possible integration MS LYNC with devices through RPAD. I am reading , that RPAD isn't supported device with MS LYNC?
Do you have any idea? How to resolve my problem.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

As far as the Lync intergration is concerned, you have two ways to make integration:-

1) For internal users:-Integrate DMA with Lync to enable conferencing facility at users desk

2) For external user:-Integrate RMX with Edge server(ICE/TURN server) to enable external user to connect to your meetings

As RPAD it self a edge server so you do not need to intergrate it with Lync, keep it away from integration part and use it as seperate VC conponent.

Use RPAD as firewall travesal solution to connect with external party seemless and your enterprise user use it as conferencing conponets from internet as well.

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

Van,

Rpad and Lync do not share any interop between the 2. The both have edge roles to provide services for different solutions. Our products will integrate with Lync, but this is the DMA and RMX to the Lync FE. If one network only had Lync, and another only had Polycom, then there is not much we can do for you. One side has to have both. This is the strength and weakness of the Polycom/Lync solution.

One thing you can look into is with the Group Series endpoints. You can register the GS via Lync SIP to the Lync edge and H323 to the RPAD. This would give you the bridge between both solutions.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.