Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Falks,

Does the RPAD ver 4.2 support wild card certificate?

I tried to upload wild card certificate with single domain into the RPAD but it is giving me an error "" the selected file type is not a valid ceritificate or is an unsupported format""

I can open the certifcates from certifcate manager and surely it is valid.

The uploaded certificate format  comply with the RPAD supported formats as below:

PKCS#7

pfx

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

just for yor information, the RPAD does not support wild card certificates *domain.com

Hope they add this feature in future release

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

just for yor information, the RPAD does not support wild card certificates *domain.com

Hope they add this feature in future release

HP Recommended

I also had a problem with installing wildcard cert in RPAD.

I opened a case to the Polycom support and recived the following answer:

"Currently wildcard certificates are not supported in RPAD. Developers have a few feature request for extension RPAD software functionality. But there are no information when they will be realize." 😞

HP Recommended

Hi there all,

Has anyone possibly received any form of update to this thread and are wildcard certificates supported on RPAD as of yet?

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi there folks,

It seems a number of us folk are running into this same issue and I just wanted to check if there is any update from Polycom regarding Wildcard cert support?

Currently I have our Web Suite sitting behind the RPAD and unfortunately loading the RPAD cert with SANS for both Experience and Service portals did not resolve and thus tried the wildcard option. Both Portals accepted the Wildcard Cert without any complaints, but despite the RPAD accepting the cert and displaying it, whenever we seem to connect to any Web Suite we are STILL presented with the RPAD Self Signed Cert and hence fail. 

Any suggestions, recommendations or solutions would be most appreciated.

Currently the RPAd version is 4.2.5_build_236400

Many thanks

Good luck to all....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.