Plantronics + Polycom. Now together as Poly Logo

RPRM API help

Occasional Advisor

RPRM API help

I'm able to use the following  to list groups and get the group identifier 

curl --request GET --user name:password --url http://host/api/rest/groups 

I would like to use curl to "put" memebers to the group.

1. will using PUT api/rest/groups/{group-identifier}/group-members add a memebr to the group? Would the user name be used for this? Its not explict in the API guide. 

2. Is someone able to provide the proper curl syntax for the put, as a simple data put of the user name does not seem to work

curl -d "username" -X PUT --user user:password --url http://host/api/rest/groups/39240/group-memebers

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Advisor

Re: RPRM API help

I guess this Community doesn't respond to API Questions???? LOL

Message 2 of 4
Occasional Advisor

RPRM API help

I'm reading the RPRM API document found here and finding there is not enough documentation on parameters of the POST and PUT calls.

My goal is to use the API to create 1200 machine and room accounts. 

I would like to POST the following parameters 

Enable Machine account
User ID
Password 
Description 
Associate with a new room (created automatically)
Message 3 of 4
Polycom Employee & Community Manager

Re: RPRM API help

Hello @dwolf,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have joined your new and your old post. Community members will respond if they can.

If nobody responds you can always work with your Polycom reseller and potentially open a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

<======== Signature / Disclaimer ========>
Please be aware:For questions about the type of support to expect please check here

Please also ensure you always check the VoIP , Video Endpoint , Skype for Business , PSTN or RPM FAQ's

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you , and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accept as Solution".

The title Polycom Employee & Community Manager is an automatic setting within the community and any forum reply or post is based upon my personal experience and does not reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
Poly employee participation within this community is not mandatory and any post or FAQ article provided by myself is done either during my working hours or outside working hours, in my private time, and maybe answered on weekends, bank holidays or personal holidays.
Message 4 of 4