Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Looked in the FAQ and KB, couldn't find an answer.

We're preparing the upgrade (incremental) from RPRM v8.4 to v10.3. v8.4 is currently running in Production, v10.3 - in the Lab. 

We have ~1,200 users in Production, for the video endpoints. Every endpoint has it's system name which is identical to User ID and password. Not secure at all, but being a completely closed network with only a handful people accessing the RPRM, this is not a concern. v8.4 allows us to do this. It seems this is not the case with v10.3, which forbids passwords to be udentical to User ID's. We can live with that, probably, but my question is - what happens with already existing users during upgrade? Will their passwords be disabled? I'd like to avoid a situation where we have to re-configure 12 hundred of passwords and endpoints.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Leprechaun,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A quick test could be to use your Lab setup.

I ran this via a couple of people internally and they suggested you raise this with Polycom support.

A similar case was 1-8394951579 / IE-21974 where we could address the issue via a script.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Leprechaun,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

A quick test could be to use your Lab setup.

I ran this via a couple of people internally and they suggested you raise this with Polycom support.

A similar case was 1-8394951579 / IE-21974 where we could address the issue via a script.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Will open a ticket with Support. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.