Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi

I had tried to create the certificate for RPRM by enabling “External Server Certificate settings” and "External client certificate settings" in certificate settings. But after enabling this certificate the test HDX 4000 device which has been provisioned with RPRM is acting as a peer server(EPVHDX) and provides a self signed certificate to RPRM.

After that, I had disabled the “External server certificate settings” and "External client certificate settings" in certificate settings of RPRM. And deleted the certificate named EPVDHX(test HDX 4000). After this RPRM prompts two options one for restart of the system and 2nd is continue work. I had pressed on Continue work. But after this am not able to access the RPRM in web interface. Tried to access RPRM in both IE and Firefox. Still the issue is persisting.

Tried to login through SSH but still am getting access denied error message.

can any one please help me on this.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You have to formet RPRM by image file which you were got with box.

Please read admin guide of RPRM carefully before to make any chnages

BR

Yash

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You have to formet RPRM by image file which you were got with box.

Please read admin guide of RPRM carefully before to make any chnages

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

Ara,

I thought you might have pooched this server as teh RPRM needs a certificate to run since the web gui is using SSL. However, you can't delete a valid certificate. So I would recommend you hard reboot your RPRM server. The certificate you load on the RPRM does need server adn client extenson loaded. It doesn't appear by your describtion if the RPRM certificate was installed correctly.

The HDX would need its own cetificate as well. By default the HDX has a self-signed certificate. Maybe this is why you are seeing it being presented to the RPRM.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Yash pal and Simons

Thanks for your inputs. I had done the factory reset on the device and everything was working fine.

Thanks & Regards

Aravindhan.S

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.