Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello Polycom Community,

Been having and ongoing issue with Video Conference calls lingering on the RPRM after V/C ends.

It is the 13th of AUG, 2018 and have 'noticed' this issue for over 1 1/2 to 2 months.

RPRM Software Version: 10.3.0_26,

DMA System Version: 6.4.1_P8_Build_244360

All HDX's and Group Series are affected.

At this time Group 500 System Software Release: 6.1.2-380088 on #1, and 

At this time Group 500 System Software Release: 6.1.7-450056 on #2

RPRM displays Today's Adhoc Conferences; currently Total - 36, Ongoing - 1.

RPRM displays Conference Status; Internal Multipoint - 1 online

DMA displays: Network > Active Calls - 0

DMA displays: Reports > Call History - 

Endpoint #1 a Group 500 -  System > Call Statistics - The system is not currently in a call

Endpoint #2 a Group 500 -  System > Call Statistics - The system is not currently in a call

Can, reboot endpoint, via RPRM, endpoint or via telnet command, V/C still hangs, until terminated on RPRM.

Anyone else having this issue?

Were you able to resolve issue?

What was Root Cause Analysis?

Regards,

Dragon1964

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Dragon1964,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Polycom solutions like these are quite complex and as you are working for a Service Provider I suggest rather than waiting for the possibility for someone to answer to open a Support Ticket instead.

This way you ensure that the Customer running into this issue gets the fastest help available and you can post and share the solution here.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen B.,

Thanks for you fast reply, yes have been working with our service provider and there has been multiple tickets submitted to Polycom.

As this has been an ongoing issue, would expect that others within the Polycom Community that use Polycom Infrastructure; DMA, RPAD, RPRM and Group or HDX endpoint might have ran into similar problems.

Regards,

Dragon1964

HP Recommended
Could you kindly share the Polycom ticket reference so we can close the loop?

Replied via a mobile device
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Similar setup, RPRM and DMA versions (though our HyperV hosted DMA keeps corrupting, have a ticket in for ANOTHER rebuild and investigation... another story).

I have noticed the exact same problem, going back into Winter 18 at least. We do decent number of hour+ conferences daily (classes in higher ed). I'll go in periodically and nuke the 'hangers on' in RPRM just so at a quick glance we are not viewing more going on than what is happening in real time.

DMA, the bridge, etc don't show these calls/conferences - just RPRM. So you are not alone.

HP Recommended

Hello @scotteredu,

welcome back to the Polycom Community.

Was this reported into Polycom and escalated to Engineering and if yes what was the Ticket num

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

Hello Scotter edu,

Thanks for that feed back, yes, have had to do the same thing just flick those hangers off the RPRM daily.

At this moment, we have a 23Hr 1min ghost call(VMR), between our customer in Tokyo and an their local V/C Engineer's test V/C.

Have contacted Polycom's Concierge, was directed to the CMC Team. within 45min - 1Hr of the start time. CMC Tier 2, said he retreived the log files from the RPRM.

We, pulled 2 Jserver log files and the endpoints System Log, too.

This has been an ongoing process... 

Ref: Polycom DMA release 6.4.1_P8:

Known Issue:

EN-59159: If a SIP call gets CANCEL’d quickly CANCL fails and the call never gets cleaned up.

Other than kicking off the ghost calls, have you found a better solution?

Regards,

HP Recommended

Hey Dragon,

We are getting our ghosts, generally, on H323 calls. Most of our calls consist of Endpoints behind our RPAD, a MediaSuite recorder is involved in 95% of them - but it disconnects cleanly.

For now, I just clean them up now and again. Delete, wait a moment and refresh RPRM, do it again, refresh...

Not the end of the world, but not much fun either.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.