Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear all,

we use an RPRM Server for administrating our Polycom Phones. Now, this server show as an alert for the expiring of the RPRM license in 12 days.

The Licence for the Trial installation expire at 22.10.2019. The new Licence is already ordered and is also configured for our RPRM Server on the Licencing Plattform. After this, we download the licencing file again and upload it to the RPRM (because the server has no access to the internet). (Same steps as written here: https://knowledgebase-iframe.polycom.com/kb/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=35121&sliceId=1&...)

We see in the license allocation and Summary the "Base License for RealPresence Resource Manager (RPRM)" with the old Expiration date, but two Activation Codes. One the old one and the other is the new one with the one year expiration date. 

What did I wrong or is the message only wrong and the RPRM show only the next ending license and doesn´t check, that the new licence is also configured for him?

Best Regards,

Daniela

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniela Z.,

as far as I remember, I had the same "issue" in the past and that´s some kind of a bug. My RPRM continued working after the first "exparation date".

Honestly I don´t know if Poly meanwhile fixed that with any new release. 

HP Recommended

@mshu Thank for your answer!

okay, that´s what I hope... but if not, I have in 12 days a problem 😉 I hope, someone from poly answer too.

HP Recommended

Would be interesting which software version you got on your RPRM...

HP Recommended

If you can inform me, where I can find it.... I don´t see it on the RPRM website.

HP Recommended

Version 10.7.0

HP Recommended

OK, that´s the newest one, so if it is a bug, it still exist.

In your position I would ask my reseller to open a ticket at Poly and describe your issue.

Saftey first! 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.